KEY LIME PIE
• 5 egg yolks, beaten
• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1/2 cup key lime juice
• 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well. Pour into unbaked graham cracker shell.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Top with whipped topping and garnish with lime slices if desired.
• 1-2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until well-combined.
Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate or tin.
For baked pies, preheat oven to 350 F and pre-bake crust for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool before filling. For no-bake refrigerator or freezer pies, no baking is necessary.
Yield: one 9-inch crust